Well-established in the Luxury Goods, Perfumes & Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Wines & Spirits and Confectionery & Specialties markets, we are broadening our international presence by integrating locally-active sites that share our DNA. Together, we are committed to supporting our customers by providing them with high-performance, sustainable services in the world of cases, labels, boxes and point-of-sale displays.
With more than 50 years of know-how, we create customized, innovative solutions that are always responsive to environmental and social issues. We employ more than 4,000 people across 41 human-scale sites, who contribute to generate sales of 800 millions euros.
Authentic, sharing common values, we recruit individuals who are looking for a personal and collective adventure.
Based in Southern California, close to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, Autajon Packaging Thoro has provided more than 50 years of award-winning experience in innovative folding carton design and manufacturing experience.
Our eco-friendly packaging expertise caters to customers across multiple industries such as Medical, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic, and Health & Beauty. We are ISO certified and utilize state-of-the-art technologies to meet the strictest standards of excellence in folding carton manufacturing.
We employ 150+ full-time employees and are conveniently located in Corona, CA, approximately 35 miles from the beach and 50 miles from the mountains, making it a great place to live if you enjoy the outdoors or to raise a family.
We are proud to be a part of the Packaging Division of the Autajon Group. The continued success of the Group comes from the commitment of its employees that combine a passion for their craft and their skills with the ambition of the Group.
Are you known for your strong analytical and problem-solving skills? Are you detail oriented ensuring your work is thorough, leaving nothing to chance? Do you enjoy achieving goals consistently and efficiently in a casual work environment? If so, we have an opportunity for a Quality Engineer that will allow you to work with manufacturing department personnel to perform root cause analysis, corrective actions, and effectiveness verification for identified quality issues in compliance with ISO 9000 standards.
Pay Range: $67,000-$80,000/annual
- Interact with process teams to perform root cause analysis and develop sustainable corrective actions.
- Modify/create standard operating procedures/instructions working with process teams as needed.
- Assist in validations/qualification/research and development of processes and equipment. Execute qualification run requirements to meet customer specifications.
- Apply statistical techniques, interpret results, and recommend/implement appropriate actions to achieve optimum quality.
- Create and maintain a library of approved color targets. Assign color targets to manufacturing.
- Collect/input required data to complete monthly metrics. Generate quality graphs, analyze results, and form conclusions based on data.
- Present a proactive approach to improvement (e.g. understanding and application of problem-solving tools brainstorming). Perform internal audits with an emphasis on improvement, and follow-up on resulting corrective and preventive actions for compliance.
- Adhere to and promote compliance to ISO 9000, safety, quality standards and company procedures. Assist in the facilitation of customer, supplier ISO, and other certification audits.
- Complete routine documentation and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers, suppliers, employees, and management. Facilitate projects as assigned.
- Education and Experience: 4-year College Degree in related field; 3+ years Corrective and Preventive Action experience along with experience in ISO and Project Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Credentials: Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and valid state issued driver's license.
- Skills: Bilingual (English & Spanish). Technical/analytical problem-solving skills. Ability to generate qualifications/validations with elevated statistical knowledge. Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Suite) and measuring devices. Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Characteristics: Strong attention to detail. Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs. Supportive and cooperative with team. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Resourceful and creative.
We believe our employees are truly our company's most valuable asset and critical to our continued success. Offering competitive compensation and ensuring you and your family have comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans with a focus on your wellbeing is a valuable benefit we are proud to offer. This includes Paid Time Off, 401(k) with Company match, health insurance (eligible day one) and various employee benefit plans. With an appreciation of your professional and personal growth, you will have plenty of opportunities to grow and excel with Autajon Packaging Thoro.
Autajon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.