Autajon Cultech: Cultech Inc. is located in South Plainfield, NJ just 30 minutes outside of Newark, NJ and just 45 minutes from Times Square, making it a great place to raise a family in the suburbs while having the hustle and bustle of city life close by. Cultech is known for being one of the best custom luxury packaging companies currently engaged exclusively in fine fragrance and premium cosmetics. Cultech is also recognized for its high quality and as a leader in the creation of Mylar-laminated cartons. We provide enhanced graphics, custom formulated inks, hot stamping, embossing and silk screening techniques to create distinctive packages with high visual appeal for the top brands around the world. We currently employ about 125 employees between two shifts, most of which work four day work weeks.
As we continue to grow, Cultech will focus on expanding our client base and becoming more creative and innovative with new technologies and enhanced services. We remain dedicated to our values and committed to our employees.
The Prepress Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the management of the Prepress Department and ensuring that all department employees uphold Cultech's standards of safety, quality production, and efficiency. He/She will actively manage the operational performance of the department, which will require attending production meetings with the Operations Manager, to ensure an optimal level. The Prepress Supervisor must have the ability to identify prepress workflow issues and to optimize and correct those issues. He/She must consistently and efficiently perform and follow procedures in compliance to company, customer, and ISO standards.
The Prepress Supervisor will monitor and evaluate the activities of department employees to identify opportunities for improvement or advancement, track employee hours, coordinate with HR throughout the interview process for any open positions with in the Prepress department, and ensure the completion of performance evaluations for all department personnel. This position will require a strong commitment not only to upholding the safety, quality, and efficiency standards of the company to maximize successful production but also to helping each employee reach their full potential.
- Supervise and support prepress operators, plate makers and apprentice plate makers.
- Hire, train, and evaluate departmental staff (including developmental and disciplinary actions).
- Ensure that the departmental production schedule is met. Monitor production and production data input.
- Plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize equipment efficiency.
- Make decision as they relate to changes in schedule, quality and delays in equipment.
- Complete and conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Assist in trouble shooting equipment or material problems. Provide training when necessary.
- Schedule all maintenance activities (preventive and repairs).
- Verify that safety rules are being followed; correct unsafe work situations.
- Carry out R&D projects and communicate results.
- Review and approve departmental hours for payroll. Schedule coverage for vacation time off.
- Manage departmental Non-conformance Reports (NCR's) and Opportunity for Improvements (OFI's) to ensure continuous improvement
- Facilitate ECR meetings (Error Correction Response).
- Maintain proper level of departmental materials and supplies.
- Ensure that the department is maintained clean and organized.
- Consistently attentive to quality throughout manufacturing process.
- Performs special projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year folding carton manufacturing experience
- 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- 4 years technical experience.
- Experience in General Manufacturing.
- Proficient in Artpro/Illustrator/Automation Engine
- Proficient in Nexus.
- Basic statistical knowledge.
- Proficient level of English Verbal & Written.
- Read, learn and understand technical materials, including job bag and white sheets that relate to the packaging development and production process.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Demonstrate initiative in problem solving.
- Must be attentive to detail and have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand a Job Bag.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits with eligibility 1st of the month following date of hire.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Group life insurance paid by the company.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Twelve paid holidays in each full calendar year.
- 15 PTO (Paid Time Off) days prorated from your start date. Accrued time can be used after 90 days of employment.
- Participation in our 401(K) plan with a 50% corporate match on the first 6 percent of the employee contribution with yearly profit sharing distributions dependent on the Company's profitability and meeting its quality, safety and operational objectives.