Autajon Cultech: Cultech Inc. is located in South Plainfield, NJ just 30 minutes outside of Newark, NJ and just 45 minutes from Times Square, making it a great place to raise a family in the suburbs while having the hustle and bustle of city life close by. Cultech is known for being one of the best custom luxury packaging companies currently engaged exclusively in fine fragrance and premium cosmetics. Cultech is also recognized for its high quality and as a leader in the creation of Mylar-laminated cartons. We provide enhanced graphics, custom formulated inks, hot stamping, embossing and silk screening techniques to create distinctive packages with high visual appeal for the top brands around the world. We currently employ about 130 employees between two shifts, most of which work four day work weeks.
As we continue to grow, Cultech will focus on expanding our client base and becoming more creative and innovative with new technologies and enhanced services. We remain dedicated to our values and committed to our employees.
- Adapt to complying with set production workflow and conform to precise procedures.
- Effectively communicate with prepress, pressroom and converting personnel.
- Maintain accurate preparation of single item files for folding boxes, proper trapping, both manually and using automatic tools, barcode creation and proofing using proscribed procedures and workflows.
- Maintain accurate preparation of printing forms, both inside and outside, mark insertion and output to plate and film files.
- Develop error-free mechanical files utilizing Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator software programs.
- Comply with instructions and adapt quickly as project modifies in given direction.
- Review entire job instructions in written as well as verbal and put across questions when required for successful project completion.
- Perform and review quality control of prepared single items and forms using visual and software methods, including the ability to create mock-ups and vinyls.
- Perform masking and colour-correction in Photoshop.On-press colour-correction will require the application of created and edited curves and the ability to apply item-level cutbacks as well as full-plate curves.
- Must have understanding of colour management and colour printing on sheetfed offset press and silkscreen.
- Must have an understanding of product decoration such as stamping and embossing is important and necessary for the successful creation of files to be used in die creation. Experience with die-cutting and coating considerations is necessary.
- Must operate a plate-setter and processor, along with proofing systems, testing tools such as Axicon and Stratix scanners, the use of X-Rite eXact, Intellitrax and i1io, Spectroscan and Kongsberg cutting table is required.
- Must be able to understand computer-based systems such as Mac and Windows client computers, networking concepts, physical networking equipment, NAS, virtual and physical servers, back-up and cloud systems.
- Convey inaccuracies and recommend apt workflow.
- Identify opportunities for waste reduction and continuous improvement.
- Collect key performance indicators and maintain general record-keeping.
- Maintain professional relations and appearance with all clients contacts off and on site.
- Produce high quality work meeting established production standards.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe working area at all times to efficiently produce materials.
- Request materials in a timely manner. Communicate urgency of materials needed to Supervisor.
- Perform additional duties/projects as assigned by management and/or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of Printing Presses.
- Knowledge of software systems from Esko is prerequisite, specifically, Nexus, Automation Engine Pilot and Symphony.
- Experience with a DAM is helpful as well as GRACoL methods and aims is preferred.Experience with proofing systems from GMG and Esko is fundamental.
- Proficient level of English communication Verbal & Written.
- Ability to read and understand a Job Bag.
- Must have good color recognition.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.Some prior experience in software-based time- and resource accounting systems, such as Hybrid or SAP, is helpful.
- Must be attentive to detail with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and perform repetitive manual tasks with frequent rotations.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow all job procedures and safety protocols.
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits with eligibility 1st of the month following date of hire.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Group life insurance paid by the company.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Twelve paid holidays in each full calendar year.
- 15 PTO (Paid Time Off) days prorated from your start date. Accrued time can be used after 90 days of employment.
- Participation in our 401(K) plan with a 50% corporate match on the first 6 percent of the employee contribution with yearly profit sharing distributions dependent on the Company's profitability and meeting its quality, safety and operational objectives.