AUTAJON GROUP: We see beautiful packaging and detailed labels in every aspect of our day-to-day lives and don't think much about it. But where does the packaging and labels actually come from? How are they manufactured?
By Autajon of course! We are amongst the European leaders in the packaging market, the Autajon Group is represented in the markets of Luxury & Cosmetics, Wines & Spirits, Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Goods. Established in Europe, with locations in the US and in China, our French family Group represents more than 600 million euros of sales turnover and 4000 employees. What's our ambition? To offer the best of innovation in our markets while empowering our employees.
Are you looking for the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? Look no further! Our Group is looking for new talent, passionate about their work and eager to meet the needs of our customers as well as working with the most prestigious international brands!
Autajon Boston: Located in the greater Nashua, NH area Autajon Packaging Boston is a full-service packaging provider offering traditional folding cartons and a variety of other innovative styles. Some of our well-known customers are Lindt, Hersey, Godiva, and Ferrero Rocher. We currently employ 100 regular full-time employees year-round and roughly 80 seasonal employees. The Nashua facility is located 30 minutes outside Boston, an hour from the ocean and one and half hours from the mountains making it a great place for the outdoors person to live or to raise a family.
We are proud to be a part of Packaging Division of the Autajon Group. The continued success of the Group comes from the commitment of its employees that combine a passion for their craft and their skills with the ambition of the Group.
The primary role of the Packaging Technical Specialist is to work closely with Operations to ensure a smooth and efficient production process. Provide Operations with clear and reliable production specifications derived from customer requirements combined with the production history of similar items. Provide on-going technical support to the Operations and Sales teams. This position is responsible for job bag preparation, materials requisitions, and production optimization.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Operations with clear and reliable production specifications derived from customer requirements combined with similarly produced item's historical data.
- Research historical data of similar items in order to look for production advantages
- Provide technical support to the Operations and Sales teams as needed.
- Ensure that the job bags are complete; with accurate with reliable instructions written with an eye towards making sure that anyone on the floor can understand the directions given.
- Endeavor to optimize production at the job level. Look to group jobs in order to optimize at the plant level
- Ensure accuracy of production specifications through continuous maintenance of the specifications database operations feedback.
- Analyze customer briefs, requirements and specifications for new items, new projects, or item evolution in order to identify production challenges from capability, capacity, and quality standpoints.
- Organize, participate in, and capture minutes of technical meetings
- Provide on-going support to help resolve process issues; investigate complex production problems; analyze and recommend solutions.
- Contribute to the Autajon Packaging Boston's drive for continuous improvement through creative ideas/solutions to existing quality and operational challenges.
SECONDARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn to back-up other positions within the R&D department
- Cut white samples
- Cut blankets for the pressroom
- Create layouts
- Create CAPE puckouts solutions
- Understand and maintain tooling database
- Review proofs for obvious issues, like missing bleed or inaccurate tool references
- 1-5 years Workplace experience in the printing industry. Folding Carton production is a plus
- Migration from Customer service, Prepress or Production within the printing industry is encouraged
- Ability to understand complex technical customer requirements
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, often stressful team environment
- Above average computer skills. Familiarity with ERP software and Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to comprehend and follow all job procedures and safety protocols
In addition to growth opportunities, as an APBo employee, you receive more than just a paycheck.
Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental and vision programs, company paid life insurance, generous paid time off program, FSA, dependent care FSA, STD, LTD, Parental Leave, EAP, 401K with a company match, 11 paid holidays.
Autajon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.