Packaging Engineer - AU-21-01576
Autajon Cultech: Cultech Inc. is located in South Plainfield, NJ just 30 minutes outside of Newark, NJ and just 45 minutes from Times Square, making it a great place to raise a family in the suburbs while having the hustle and bustle of city life close by. Cultech is known for being one of the best custom luxury packaging companies currently engaged exclusively in fine fragrance and premium cosmetics. Cultech is also recognized for its high quality and as a leader in the creation of Mylar-laminated cartons. We provide enhanced graphics, custom formulated inks, hot stamping, embossing and silk screening techniques to create distinctive packages with high visual appeal for the top brands around the world. We currently employ about 125 employees between two shifts, most of which work four day work weeks.
As we continue to grow, Cultech will focus on expanding our client base and becoming more creative and innovative with new technologies and enhanced services. We remain dedicated to our values and committed to our employees.
What is the Vision, Strategy, and Leadership needs?
- Maintain Cultech's ERP system database in which process specifications are archived and make them available to operation employees across the plant.
- Serve as an interim addition and backup to the Sr. CAD Designer for day to day functions, special projects and for coverage purposes as needed.
- Identify, specify and order stamping, embossing and die cutting tooling and specific supplies necessary for the performance of each job.
- The Tooling function is directly attributed to the CAD Department.
- Design corrugated pack-outs for all new projects.
- Ensure job bags are completed with accurate and reliable instructions while seeking approval from the Production Managers as required.
- Ensure accuracy of production database specifications and integrity of data through continuous maintenance and operational feedback.
- Analyze customer requirements and specifications for new projects in order to identify production challenges from capability, capacity and quality standards.
- Active participation in technical meetings with operational managers.
- As needed, interact with customers for matters related to technical issues, requirements and specifications.
- Contribute to Autajon's drive for continuous improvement by providing creative ideas/solutions to existing quality and operational challenges as needed.
- Packaging Engineering or Packaging Science degree.
- 3-4+ years of folding carton experience.
- Ability to understand complex technical customer requirements.
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on ERP systems, CAD and estimating software.
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills and attention to detail.