Quality Technician- 3rd Shift - D00026
We offer competitive pay! New Hires will be covered with health care benefits on day 1! No waiting periods.
- Perform line clearance checks on equipment before setup.
- Accurately perform and document final inspection activities in accordance with procedural requirements which include reviewing job specifications and verifying copy, case counts, and label content. Consistently make decisions demonstrating regard for our customer.
- Clearly communicate quality issues, defects or shortages to key personnel and properly segregate affected product.
- Provide clear status by attaching the proper forms to product (e.g.; Hold, WIP). Electronically places product on hold in the database as appropriate.
- Perform rework and sorting activities as appropriate.
- Perform routine visual and mechanical inspections and testing on in-coming, in-process and final assemblies.
- Initiate Non-conformance, as appropriate, and can assist in researching root cause analysis of both internal non-conformance (NCR's) and customer complaints.
- Familiar with the use all inspection techniques and testing instruments, including scanning spectrophotometer, densitometers, rub-tester, bar code scanner, weigh count scales, and score bend tester.
- Can apply statistical techniques (e.g. sampling plans, Pareto charts, Cause and Effect diagrams), interprets results and recommends appropriate actions to achieve optimum quality.
- Assist in validations of processes and equipment, where needed.
- Adhere to and promote compliance to ISO 9001, safety, quality standards and company procedures and immediately reports any nonconformance to supervision.
- Consistently attentive to product quality throughout the process.
- Read and follow documented procedures, job tickets and specifications accurately. If procedures or instructions are unclear, immediately bring the documentation to the attention of supervision.
- Back-up Lead Packer to perform form and function testing.
- Release product after the successful completion of the final inspection and testing, provide approval for movement of released product, and close-out job tickets.
- Print labels as needed.
- The ability to write routine reports, correspond and speak effectively with customers, auditors, employees and management.
- High School Education
- Read, understand, and speak English
- Team Player, detail oriented, organized, resourceful, analytical problem solving
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, self-driven, cooperative positive attitude, team oriented.
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Some College
- Proficient English.
- Proficient computer skills
- ASQ certified: Quality Technician (CQT) and/or Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Basic knowledge of statistical process control.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Autajon Packaging Thoro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.