We see beautiful packaging and detailed labels in every aspect of our day-to-day lives and don't think much about it. But where does the packaging and labels actually come from? How are they manufactured?
By Autajon of course! We are amongst the European leaders in the packaging market, the Autajon Group is represented in the markets of Luxury & Cosmetics, Wines & Spirits, Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Goods. Established in Europe, with locations in the US and in China, our French family Group represents more than 600 million euros of sales turnover and 4,000 employees. What's our ambition? To offer the best of innovation in our markets while empowering our employees.
Are you looking for the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? Look no further! Our Group is looking for new talent, passionate about their work and eager to meet the needs of our customers as well as working with the most prestigious international brands!
Autajon Packaging Thoro:
Based in Southern California, close to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, Autajon Packaging Thoro has provided more than 50 years of award-winning experience in innovative folding carton design and manufacturing experience. Our eco-friendly packaging expertise caters to customers across multiple industries such as Medical, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic, and Health & Beauty. We are ISO certified and utilize state-of-the-art technologies to meet the strictest standards of excellence in folding carton manufacturing. We employ 150+ full-time employees and are conveniently located in Corona, CA, approximately 35 miles from the beach and 50 miles from the mountains, making it a great place to live if you enjoy the outdoors or to raise a family.
We are proud to be a part of the Packaging Division of the Autajon Group. The continued success of the Group comes from the commitment of its employees that combine a passion for their craft and their skills with the ambition of the Group.
Under the direction of the Finishing Manager, guides the 3rd shift packers in assuring accurate counts, acceptable quality, and packing orientation of cartons. Provides information to Case Sealers (e.g. corrugate, delivery dates) and produces case labels. Ensures efficient production of high-quality products in compliance with customer specifications and in compliance to ISO 9001 standards.
- Adhere to and lead by example compliance to ISO 9001, safety, quality standards and company procedures and immediately report nonconformance to management.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with internal and external customers.
- Provide technical support and assistance to the team. Guide team in interpreting existing processes and policies.
- Coordinate Packers and Case Sealers to assure the finishing department operates efficiently and meets production schedules.
- Inspect cartons and pack correct counts of acceptable quantity product into cases. Notify supervision of defect trends and nonconforming gluing quality.
- Coordinate rework and inspections with Quality Technicians.
- Communicate daily with Supervisors regarding overtime needs and manage the department overtime schedule.
- Recognize packers training needs, communicate to supervisors, and perform training as applicable.
- Ensure gluing and flat pack checklists are complete prior to closing jobs.
- Participate in implementation of changes meant to improve quality, productivity, and financial performance.
- Review and follow documented procedures, job jackets, and specifications accurately.
- Participate in the team process and consistently attentive to quality throughout manufacturing process
- Report potential safety issues and make immediate corrections as applicable. Complete appropriate reports related to safety incidents.
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED; Minimum 3 years packing experience; 2-3 years supervisory/lead experience; industry experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Credentials: Valid state issued driver's license preferred.
- Skills: Ability to frequently lift / move up to fifty (50) pounds. Ability to lead team using sound judgment to make decisions and resolve issues. Intermediate math, computer, statistical skills.
- Characteristics: Strong attention to detail. Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs. Performs well in a team environment. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
What We Offer
We believe our employees are truly our company's most valuable asset and critical to our continued success. Offering competitive compensation and ensuring you and your family have comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans with a focus on your wellbeing is a valuable benefit we are proud to offer. This includes Paid Time Off, 401(k) with Company match, health insurance (Eligible Day 1) and various employee benefit plans. With an appreciation of your professional and personal growth, you will have plenty of opportunities to excel with Autajon Packaging Thoro.
Autajon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.