AUTAJON GROUP: We see beautiful packaging and detailed labels in every aspect of our day-to-day lives and don't think much about it. But where does the packaging and labels actually come from? How are they manufactured?
By Autajon of course! We are amongst the European leaders in the packaging market, the Autajon Group is represented in the markets of Luxury & Cosmetics, Wines & Spirits, Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Goods. Established in Europe, with locations in the US and in China, our French family Group represents more than 600 million euros of sales turnover and 4000 employees. What's our ambition? To offer the best of innovation in our markets while empowering our employees.
Are you looking for the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? Look no further! Our Group is looking for new talent, passionate about their work and eager to meet the needs of our customers as well as working with the most prestigious international brands!
Autajon Boston: Located in the greater Nashua, NH area Autajon Packaging Boston is a full-service packaging provider offering traditional folding cartons and a variety of other innovative styles. Some of our well-known customers are Lindt, Hersey, Godiva, and Ferrero Rocher. We currently employ 100 regular full-time employees year-round and roughly 80 seasonal employees. The Nashua facility is located 30 minutes outside Boston, an hour from the ocean and one and half hours from the mountains making it a great place for the outdoors person to live or to raise a family.
We are proud to be a part of Packaging Division of the Autajon Group. The continued success of the Group comes from the commitment of its employees that combine a passion for their craft and their skills with the ambition of the Group.
Perform manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up, maintenance and operations of the Bobst Stamping machine(s). He/She must consistently and efficiently perform and follow procedures in compliance to company, customer, and ISO standards.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make-ready, adjust and run job as efficiently as possible to meet safety and productivity standards.
- Examine job order to determine quantity to be stamped, stock specifications and special stamping instructions including the use of the correct foil.
- Read job bag and follow ticket instructions to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Examine stamping dies for visual defects and apply correcting solution to repair minor defects.
- Make necessary adjustments to ensure quality.
- Ensure information is communicated between shifts.
- Ensure Company Safety, Quality and Production standards are met.
- Perform proper and required maintenance as well as cleaning of press.
- Maintenance duties include stooping under machinery, entering confined spaces and climbing ladders.
- Must input information into computer for proper tracking of inventory and waste.
- Oversee the work of the loader.
- Maintain a safe, clean, efficient and productive workplace.
- Maintain utilization and minimizes downtime within departmental guidelines.
- Make decisions regarding quality issues.
- Utilize continuous monitoring devices and other measuring equipment regularly.
- Maintain accurate paperwork for production lot including Q.C. data and inventory information.
- Perform line clearance between each job processed in the stamper.
- Notify management of defect trends and nonconforming stamping quality.
- Performs other job duties as assigned by management or lead person.
- Consistently attentive to quality throughout manufacturing process.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS AND FUNCTIONS (5+):
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a high level of initiative and flexibility.
- Capable of understanding technical customer requirements.
- Ability to work in high-stress environment to meet customer delivery dates.
- Constantly produce high quality work and maintain established production standards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in General Manufacturing.
- Bobst experience.
- Knowledge of converting machines.
- Strong mechanical aptitude/skills
- Proficient level of English Verbal & Written.
- Ability to read and understand a Job Bag.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Demonstrate initiative in problem solving.
- Must be attentive to detail and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive manual tasks with frequent rotations.
In addition to growth opportunities, as an APBo employee, you receive more than just a paycheck.
Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental and vision programs, company paid life insurance, generous paid time off program, FSA, dependent care FSA, STD, LTD, Parental Leave, EAP, 401K with a company match, 12 paid holidays.
Autajon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.