We see beautiful packaging and detailed labels in every aspect of our day-to-day lives and don't think much about it. But where does the packaging and labels actually come from? How are they manufactured?
By Autajon of course! We are amongst the European leaders in the packaging market. The Autajon Group is represented in the markets of Luxury & Cosmetics, Wines & Spirits, Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Goods. Established in Europe, with locations in the US and in China, our French family Group represents more than 600 million euros of sales turnover and 4,000 employees. What's our ambition? To offer the best of innovation in our markets while empowering our employees.
Are you looking for the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? Look no further! Our Group is looking for new talent, passionate about their work and eager to meet the needs of our customers as well as working with the most prestigious international brands!
Autajon Packaging Thoro:
Based in Southern California, close to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, Autajon Packaging Thoro has provided more than 50 years of award-winning experience in innovative folding carton design and manufacturing experience. Our eco-friendly packaging expertise caters to customers across multiple industries such as Medical, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic, and Health & Beauty. We are ISO certified and utilize state-of-the-art technologies to meet the strictest standards of excellence in folding carton manufacturing. We employ 150+ full-time employees and are conveniently located in Corona, CA, approximately 35 miles from the beach and 50 miles from the mountains, making it a great place to live if you enjoy the outdoors or to raise a family.
We are proud to be a part of the Packaging Division of the Autajon Group. The continued success of the Group comes from the commitment of its employees that combine a passion for their craft and their skills with the ambition of the Group.
Perform inspections, testing and analysis of products and processes which directly impact the quality of the products produced or are acquired for and supplied to Thoro Packaging's customers. This includes raw material, in-process, final product and document inspections. Support Thoro Packaging's Quality Management System by consistently and efficiently following and evaluating the quality requirements per procedure in compliance to customer, Thoro and ISO 9001 standards.
Pay Range: $18-19/hour
Principal Job Responsibilities
Consistently make decisions demonstrating regard for our customer.
- Perform line clearance checks on equipment before setup.
- Accurately perform and document final inspection activities in accordance with procedural requirements which include reviewing job specifications and verifying copy, case counts, and label content. Consistently make decisions demonstrating regard for our customer.
- Clearly communicate quality issues, defects or shortages to key personnel and properly segregate affected product.
- Provide clear status by attaching the proper forms to product (e.g.; Hold, WIP). Electronically place product on hold in the database as appropriate.
- Perform rework and sorting activities as appropriate.
- Perform routine visual and mechanical inspections and testing on in-coming, in-process and final assemblies.
- Initiate Non-conformances, as appropriate, and can assist in researching root cause analysis of both internal non-conformances (NCR's) and customer complaints.
- Familiar with the use of all inspection techniques and testing instruments, including scanning spectrophotometer, densitometers, rub-tester, bar code scanner, weigh count scales, and score bend tester.
- Can apply statistical techniques (e.g. sampling plans, Pareto charts, Cause and Effect diagrams), interprets results and recommends appropriate actions to achieve optimum quality.
- Assist in validations of processes and equipment, where needed.
- Adhere to and promote compliance to ISO 9001, safety, quality standards and company procedures and immediately reports any nonconformance to supervision.
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Minimum 6 months quality experience in manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skills: Ability to read, understand and speak English. Team player, detail oriented, organized, resourceful, analytical problem solving. Proficient math and computer skills.
What We Offer
We believe our employees are truly our company's most valuable asset and critical to our continued success. Offering competitive compensation and ensuring you and your family have comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans with a focus on your wellbeing is a valuable benefit we are proud to offer. This includes Paid Time Off, 401(k) with Company match, health insurance (eligible day one) and various employee benefit plans. With an appreciation of your professional and personal growth, you will have plenty of opportunities to grow and excel with Autajon Packaging Thoro.
Autajon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.