Autajon Boston: Located in the greater Nashua, NH area Autajon Packaging Boston is a full-service packaging provider offering traditional folding cartons and a variety of other innovative styles. Some of our well-known customers are Lindt, Hersey, Godiva, and Ferrero Rocher. We currently employ 100 regular full-time employees year-round and roughly 80 seasonal employees. The Nashua facility is located 30 minutes outside Boston, an hour from the ocean and one and half hours from the mountains making it a great place for the outdoors person to live or to raise a family.
We are proud to be a part of Packaging Division of the Autajon Group. The continued success of the Group comes from the commitment of its employees that combine a passion for their craft and their skills with the ambition of the Group.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Ensures that OSHA requirements are met.
- Provides OSHA Compliance interpretations as appropriate.
- Complies with OSHA and related training requirements.
- Manages First Aid Team.
- Implements and participates in Safety Teams and lead the safety committees.
- Coordinates Environmental - Air Permitting Program and Environmental - Waste Water permitting Program.
- Works with HR Director on reducing Workers' Compensation costs.
- Conducts, reviews, and communicates results of Accident Investigations.
- Remains abreast of proposed regulations and communicates them to management.
- Promotes compliance with current regulations.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover DOT, emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Work with maintenance on items related to Safety (e.g. taping the floors, signage, etc.)
- Manages and reports safety KPI's.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required, Master's degree desirable.
- Five years of related experience preferred
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits with eligibility 1st of the month following date of hire.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Group life insurance paid by the company.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Parental leave.
- Twelve paid holidays in each full calendar year.
- 12 PTO (Paid Time Off) days prorated from your start date. Accrued time can be used after 90 days of employment.
- Participation in our 401(K) plan with a 50% corporate match on the first 6 percent of the employee contribution.
- Salary: $85 - 95K (dependent on experience).