Well-established in the Luxury Goods, Perfumes & Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Wines & Spirits and Confectionery & Specialties markets, we are broadening our international presence by integrating locally-active sites that share our DNA. Together, we are committed to supporting our customers by providing them with high-performance, sustainable services in the world of cases, labels, boxes and point-of-sale displays.
With more than 50 years of know-how, we create customized, innovative solutions that are always responsive to environmental and social issues. We employ more than 4,000 people across 38 human-scale sites, who contribute to generate sales of 800 millions euros.
Authentic, sharing common values, we recruit individuals who are looking for a personal and collective adventure.
Are you looking for the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? Look no further! Our Group is looking for new talent, passionate about their work and eager to meet the needs of our customers as well as working with the most prestigious international brands!
Autajon Boston: Located in the greater Nashua, NH area Autajon Packaging Boston is a full-service packaging provider offering traditional folding cartons and a variety of other innovative styles. Some of our well-known customers are Lindt, Hersey, Godiva, and Ferrero Rocher. We currently employ 100 regular full-time employees year-round and roughly 80 seasonal employees. The Nashua facility is located 30 minutes outside Boston, an hour from the ocean and one and half hours from the mountains making it a great place for the outdoors person to live or to raise a family.
The Printing Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the management of the Printing Department and ensuring that all department employees uphold Autajon Packaging Boston standards of safety, quality production, and efficiency. He/She will actively manage the operational performance of the department, which will require attending production meetings with the Operations Manager and scheduling, to ensure an optimal level. The Printing Supervisor is responsible for maintaining accuracy regarding Autajon Packaging Boston's ERP and the customer's requirements. He/She will also complete a monthly inventory report and identify areas of both need and excess within their department's processes in order to maximize cost efficiency. He/She must consistently and efficiently perform and follow procedures in compliance to company, customer, and ISO standards.
The Printing Supervisor will monitor and evaluate the activities of department employees to identify opportunities for improvement or advancement, track employee hours, coordinate with HR throughout the interview process for any open positions with in the Printing department, and ensure the completion of performance evaluations for all department personnel. This position will require a strong commitment not only to upholding the safety, quality, and efficiency standards of the company to maximize successful production but also to helping each employee reach their full potential.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and support department personnel, including Feeder Operators, 1st & 2nd Pressman, Printing Helpers, Load Turner Operators, Ink Technicians, and Sheeting department.
- Ensure proper daily staffing to meet capacity requirements.
- Monitor production and production data input via all available methods (i.e. ERP system reports) to ensure that the departmental production schedule remains on-time or exceeds expectations.
- Actively manage the operational performance (productivity, quality, and impact on the environment) of the department with a view to meet Company established standards.
- Attend daily production meetings with Operations Manager and the scheduler to discuss plant activities, staffing and schedule.
- Assist in developing new product lines.
- Liaise with COP (Customer On Press) during visits to validate colors.
- Make sure all electronic machine logs are accurately maintained in the Company's ERP.
- Maintain required quality levels for product in compliance with customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain department specific work instructions.
- Develop, maintain and implement maintenance programs (repair & preventative) for the department machines, also assisting with troubleshooting equipment and material problems as necessary.
- Manage purchasing of piece parts, tooling and materials.
- Continuously identify cost savings through purchasing or process improvement.
- Assure the material is organized properly for the monthly WIP inventory report.
- Implement Company action plans.
- Establish and maintain high level of safety awareness.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area at all times.
- Identify needs to create new positions or eliminate excess positions in sync with anticipated activity and capabilities.
- Identify and propose machine, tooling and material investments, in anticipation of future needs.
- Carry out R&D projects and communicate results.
- Provide regular activity reports along with OFIs and NCRs.
- Complete all appropriate reports relating to safety incidents.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of the department employees and provides management coaching, motivation, guidance, and on the job training as necessary to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Organize work and allocate employees in order to achieve efficiently the department missions; keeps track of employee hours, unscheduled absences, schedule of vacation, etc.
- Ensure the completion of performance evaluations for all department personnel, in accordance with procedures, and submits completed evaluations to Human Resources by the due date.
- Evaluate existing systems and processes, initiate changes and improvements, and make suggestions to upper management, including for investments.
- Support management decisions and communicate the philosophy behind decisions to staff. Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Perform other tasks/duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS AND FUNCTIONS (5+):
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a high level of initiative and flexibility.
- Capable of understanding technical customer requirements.
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Constantly produces high quality work and maintain established production standards.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and concerns.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executives, peers and employees.
- Leadership and motivational skills that promote achievement of productivity, quality, service and safety goals.
- Computer literate; ability to learn and use company-specific ERP quickly.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 10+ years' experience in the packaging industry, preferably in Printing.
- Management experience, preferably as a Team Lead or similar position.
- Background knowledge of the carton folding industry and printing processes.
- Proficient level of English Verbal & Written.
- Ability to read and understand a Job Bag.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on ERP systems.
- Ability to understand complex technical customer requirements.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow all job procedures and safety protocols.
In addition to growth opportunities, as an Autajon Packaing Boston employee, you receive more than just a paycheck.
Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental and vision programs, company paid life insurance, generous paid time off program, FSA, dependent care FSA, STD, LTD, Parental Leave, EAP, 401K with a company match, 12 paid holidays.
Autajon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.