Well-established in the Luxury Goods, Perfumes & Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Wines & Spirits and Confectionery & Specialties markets, we are broadening our international presence by integrating locally-active sites that share our DNA. Together, we are committed to supporting our customers by providing them with high-performance, sustainable services in the world of cases, labels, boxes and point-of-sale displays.
With more than 50 years of know-how, we create customized, innovative solutions that are always responsive to environmental and social issues. We employ more than 4,000 people across 41 human-scale sites, who contribute to generate sales of 800 millions euros.
Authentic, sharing common values, we recruit individuals who are looking for a personal and collective adventure.
Based in Southern California, close to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, Autajon Packaging Thoro has provided more than 50 years of award-winning experience in innovative folding carton design and manufacturing experience.
Our eco-friendly packaging expertise caters to customers across multiple industries such as Medical, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic, and Health & Beauty. We are ISO certified and utilize state-of-the-art technologies to meet the strictest standards of excellence in folding carton manufacturing.
We employ 150+ full-time employees and are conveniently located in Corona, CA, approximately 35 miles from the beach and 50 miles from the mountains, making it a great place to live if you enjoy the outdoors or to raise a family.
We are proud to be a part of the Packaging Division of the Autajon Group. The continued success of the Group comes from the commitment of its employees that combine a passion for their craft and their skills with the ambition of the Group.
Under the direction of the Printing Manager, oversees the 2nd shift operation of the printing department utilizing Heidelberg XL106, XL75, XL106-7C Presses ensuring efficient production of high-quality products in compliance with customer specifications and Thoro Packaging's standards. Responsibilities include: training, monitoring and coaching operators in efficient and safe operations, equipment set-up and troubleshooting, adjusting processes to optimize cost, material and line efficiencies.
Pay Range: $32-37/hour
- Adhere to and lead by example compliance to ISO 9001, safety, quality standards and company procedures and immediately report nonconformance to management.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with internal and external customers.
- Provide technical support and assistance to team.
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment and material issues.
- Guide team in interpreting existing processes and policies.
- Participate in implementation of changes meant to improve quality, productivity, and financial performance.
- Review and follow documented procedures, job jackets, and specifications accurately.
- Set-up, operate, and monitor printing presses and support equipment during running process to assure printed sheets meet customer specifications. Notify Manager of defect trends and nonconforming gluing quality.
- Perform preventive maintenance on printing presses and support equipment.
- Participate in the team process and consistently attentive to quality throughout manufacturing process
- Report potential safety issues and make immediate corrections as applicable. Complete appropriate reports related to safety incidents.
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED; Minimum 3 years' experience operating a printing press; 2-3 years' experience in supervisory/lead role; industry experience preferred.
- Credentials: Valid state issued driver's license preferred.
- Skills: Ability to frequently lift / move up to fifty (50) pounds. Ability to lead team using sound judgment to make decisions and resolve issues.
- Characteristics: Strong attention to detail. Responds promptly and professionally to internal and external customer needs. Performs well in a team environment. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
We believe our employees are truly our company's most valuable asset and critical to our continued success. Offering competitive compensation and ensuring you and your family have comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans with a focus on your wellbeing is a valuable benefit we are proud to offer. This includes Paid Time Off, 401(k) with Company match, health insurance and various employee benefit plans. With an appreciation of your professional and personal growth, you will have plenty of opportunities to excel with Autajon Packaging Thoro.
Autajon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.