We see beautiful packaging and detailed labels in every aspect of our day-to-day lives and don't think much about it. But where does the packaging and labels actually come from? How are they manufactured?
By Autajon of course! We are amongst the European leaders in the packaging market. The Autajon Group is represented in the markets of Luxury & Cosmetics, Wines & Spirits, Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Goods. Established in Europe, with locations in the US and in China, our French family Group represents more than 600 million euros of sales turnover and 4,000 employees. What's our ambition? To offer the best of innovation in our markets while empowering our employees.
Are you looking for the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? Look no further! Our Group is looking for new talent, passionate about their work and eager to meet the needs of our customers as well as working with the most prestigious international brands!
Autajon Packaging Zapp:
Based in Southern California, close to the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, Autajon Packaging Zapp has provided many years of award-winning experience in innovative folding carton design and manufacturing experience. Our eco-friendly packaging expertise caters to customers across multiple industries such as Medical, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic, and Health & Beauty. We are ISO certified and utilize state-of-the-art technologies to meet the strictest standards of excellence in folding carton manufacturing. We employ 100+ full-time employees and are conveniently located in Ontario, CA, situated between the beach and the mountains, making it a great place to live if you enjoy the outdoors or to raise a family.
We are proud to be a part of the Packaging Division of the Autajon Group. The continued success of the Group comes from the commitment of its employees that combine a passion for their craft and their skills with the ambition of the Group.
Working with the HR Manager, you will assure the day-to-day operations of the HR Department. Partnering with the management team to achieve plant goals and objectives. Assisting in the execution of corporate and HR programs and processes. Serve as Lead on various projects maintaining compliance with federal, state and local regulations at all times.
- Performs all aspects of timekeeping and payroll processing for both hourly and salary employees.
- Creates and maintains personnel files; ensures they are correct and complete at all times.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Coordinates with management to plan and prepare integration for new hires, conducting benefit orientation, and preparing informational packets.
- Contributes to development and implementation of company policies and procedures; assists with training/communication; responds to requests for information, clarification and assistance from employees/managers regarding these policies and procedures.
- Conducts full recruitment process for non-managerial exempt positions, non-exempt staff, interns, and temporary employees.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of HR department and services performed.
- Updates and maintains job descriptions for all positions.
- Serves as Lead on Company Events.
- Serves as Lead on Safety Committee (minutes, training, etc.) to ensure a plan for the workplace that is free from potential hazards and injuries. Process first report of injuries and file workers comp claims.
- Assists in the planning and administration of training and employee development activities.
- Process paperwork and track LOA's: FMLA, CFRA, WC, ADA, PDL, etc.
- Conducts investigations in employee and customer situations, including but not limited to, harassment, discrimination, and violation of company policies.
- Provides coaching and conflict resolution to managers and employees, and works with other members of the HR team to make recommendations for improvements.
- Works independently and displays a high level of independent discretion in managing human resource initiatives. Performs a wide variety of tasks; the ability to change focus quickly as demands change is essential.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration Human Resources or related field; 5-7 years of progressive HR responsibility; 2+ years in manufacturing desired; 2+ years experience with HR/Payroll system, Paylocity preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Credentials: Valid state issued driver's license.
- Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English and bi-lingual in Spanish; Working knowledge of HR principles and theories, plus current HR practices; Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and HRIS (Paylocity preferred); Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to interact and create great working relationships with all levels within the company; Highly organized and attentive to detail with a sense of urgency.
- Characteristics: Ability to show good judgment, strong initiative, and solid work ethic. Ensure strict confidentiality. Must be approachable and present a positive and professional image.
What We Offer
We believe our employees are truly our company's most valuable asset and critical to our continued success. Offering competitive compensation and ensuring you and your family have comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans with a focus on your wellbeing is a valuable benefit we are proud to offer. This includes Paid Time Off, 401(k) with Company match, health insurance (eligible day one) and various employee benefit plans. With an appreciation of your professional and personal growth, you will have plenty of opportunities to grow and excel with Autajon Packaging Thoro.
Autajon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.