Continuous Improvement Engineer
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? Are you passionate about creating amazing experiences? Are you interested in partnering with great national and global brands? If so, Cultech Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Continuous Improvement Engineer based out of our facility in South Plainfield, New Jersey. Successful candidate will be committed to quality, creativity and relationship building. The successful candidate will play a leading role in the development, coordination and implementation of Autajon Packaging programs for training, continuous improvement and error reduction. This will include, but is not limited to, standardizing training programs for all new hires and existing employees, facilitating meetings and continuous improvement projects to enhance performance and error correction. Perform audits and or studies of processes and procedures for verification and enhancement opportunities to improve Safety, Customer Satisfaction and Profitability.
- Manage the error reduction programs, OFI (Opportunity for Improvement) programs, and standardized training programs to enhance employee capabilities, safety, increase customer satisfaction and improve efficiencies.
- Provide expertise to manage workshops for analyzing and fixing non-conformances and improve customer feedback.
- Work with employees and management to develop ways to improve processes.
- Prioritize, coordinate assistance, keep a visual log of projects in process, measure improvements and celebrate implementations.
- Provide coordination assistance for process improvement events as they arise, including other ideas and initiatives as they come up.
- Adheres to and promotes compliance to ISO, safety, quality standards and company procedures and immediately reports any non-conformance to supervision.
- Read and follow documented procedures and specifications accurately. If procedures or instructions are unclear, immediately bring the documentation to the attention of supervision.
- Presents a proactive approach to improvement (e.g. understanding and application of problem solving tools brainstorming).
- Follow KPI's and launch working groups based on their analysis.
- Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively to customers, employees and management.
- Performs any special projects as assigned by management.
- 2-years of Continuous Improvement Experience.
- College degree preferred or proven industry related training and or certifications.
- 4-years industry experience preferred in packaging.
- Must possess technical writing capabilities.
- Ability to create and present procedures.
- Knowledge of training techniques.
- Ability to problem solve. Technical troubleshooter.
- Must display a team player attitude that is key to success.
- Cooperative and proactive with a positive attitude.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and basic computer programs.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize work.
US- South Plainfield (NJ)